EBSOMED is a 4-year project (2018-2022) co-financed at 80% by the European Union for a global amount of EUR 6, 25 million. It is co-financed and coordinated by BUSINESSMED (The Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises) in the framework of the EBSOMED consortium which consists of 6 members: GACIC (German-Arab Chamber of Commerce), ASCAME (Association of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce), ANIMA Investment Network, EUROCHAMBRES (Association of European Chambers of Commerce), CAWTAR (Center of Arab Women for Training and Research).
EBSOMED has been designed to dedicate particular emphasis to reinforcing Business Support Organisations’ management capacity and efficiency through instruments, providing capacity building and training to improve the sophistication of Euro-Mediterranean Private Sector Organisations and help them address existing gaps.
EBSOMED aims at achieving a higher indirect economic leverage by helping BSOs to make a qualitative scaling up in regards to the services they offer to their beneficiaries, while pursuing this successful cross border cooperation dynamic.
Overall objective of the Thematic Committee
Strengthen the economy by integrating high-potential Women into decision-making positions, at the board level and at the private sector level.
Specific Objectives of the Thematic Committee
- Identification of existing initiatives and companies adopting strategies of gender diversity and access of women in decision-making positions in the target countries.
- An inventory and analysis of the existing obstacles that hinder the development and promotion of women in the private sector in the target countries.
- Identification of strategic engagement and policies of leading countries implementing institutional solutions to attain gender equality in leadership positions (Norway, Sweden, Germany and Finland).
- Facilitate cross country comparison, synergies and general conclusions/ Proposition of a Model for Promoting Gender Equity in Private Companies /
- Scenarios and recommendations to innovative interventions and practices, replication and scaling up of best practices for gender equality.
- Identification of the available pertinent structural indicators;
- Analyse of their progress and perspectives;
- Finding of the structural medium term trends, based on projections justified by realistic hypotheses;
- Producing scenario and projections by 2030, bearing in mind national strategies of the Target Countries;
- Make clear suggestions for the involved parties and the decision makers, to improve the trend and make it converge with the economies in the Region.
- Preparation of the periodical surveys;
- Preparation of the regional factsheet;
- Preparation of the (EUROMED) regional thematic paper.
The length of the mission will stretch over 32 months (Mai 2019+2020+2021) with an expected start in Mai 2019. The selected expert will be assigned to perform his mission for one year with possibility of renewal of the contract. The renewal of the contract will be the subject of an amendment signed by both parties.
The appointed advisor will be expected to deliver through remote management (home-based).
It will be expected from the expert to prepare his missions ahead of time, desk research including reviewing relevant documentation (Structural indicators, trends, scenario, surveys, thematic paper etc...) and agreeing on relevant meetings for reviewing state of progress.
- 2 Periodical Surveys;
- 1regional factsheet;
- 1 regional (EUROMED) thematic paper.
- Postgraduate training in gender studies, economic development and/or other relevant fields.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in gender equality, gender mainstreaming and women and youth empowerment, particularly at the strategic level.
- At least 5 years of consultancy experiences with demonstrable expertise in gender and youth issues.
- Previous relevant professional experience in gender mainstreaming in development projects and policies.
- A strong technical background in results based management, work plan/activity schedule preparation and reporting.
- Strong organizational capacity and familiarity with European projects execution rules and regulations are essential.
- Good analytical and quantitative capacity with experience in survey methodology.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
- An ability to design and elaborate prospective studies and scenarios; ability to elaborate surveys, reports and policy papers.
- A track record in working with different countries from the EuroMed region is an advantage.
Submission of Proposals and Deadlines
Please send your completed application (CV + Cover letter) to email@example.com before April 3, 2019, stating “EBSOMED– Women and youth empowerment TC” in the subject heading.