EBSOMED is a 4-year project (2018-2022) co-financed at 80% by the European Union for a global amount of EUR 6, 25 million. It is co-financed and coordinated by BUSINESSMED (The Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises) in the framework of the EBSOMED consortium which consists of 6 members: GACIC (German-Arab Chamber of Commerce), ASCAME (Association of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce), ANIMA Investment Network, EUROCHAMBRES (Association of European Chambers of Commerce), CAWTAR (Center of Arab Women for Training and Research).
EBSOMED has been designed to dedicate particular emphasis to reinforcing Business Support Organisations’ management capacity and efficiency through instruments, providing capacity building and training to improve the sophistication of Euro-Mediterranean Private Sector Organisations and help them address existing gaps.
EBSOMED aims at achieving a higher indirect economic leverage by helping BSOs to make a qualitative scaling up in regards to the services they offer to their beneficiaries, while pursuing this successful cross border cooperation dynamic.
Specific Objectives of the Thematic Committee
Energy security, environmental protection and economic prosperity all pose major challenges for today’s energy decision makers. To meet these challenges, innovation, the adoption of new cost effective technologies, and better use of existing energy-efficient technologies are key elements.
The costs of achieving a more sustainable energy future are not disproportionate, but they will require substantial effort and investment by both the public and private sectors.
The ultimate aim of this Thematic Committee is to support to the third political priority of the European Commission under the presidency of Jean-Claude Juncker namely Energy Union and Climate and to foster research and support industrial R&D on new energy technologies and hence, improving energy technology policies.
The works of this commission will be an important tool to feed BSOs on a regular basis on trends and updated country reports.
Purpose of the Consultancy
The consultancy role will comprise, in close coordination with the commission, diverse activities amongst which:
- Ensuring quality support and backstopping assistance to the whole commission;
- Contributing to EBSOMED’s overall strategic coherence and impact (from learning and sharing perspective);
- Provide assistance and advice for the commission if needed, to ensure a successful implementation of the action.
- Identification of industry / research institution, R&D relation and the ecosystem in the participating countries;
- Analyse of progress of this eco-system and perspectives;
- Finding of the structural linkages between education, R&D and industries, based on projections justified by realistic hypothesis;
- Producing scenario and projects by 2030, bearing in mind national strategies of the target countries;
- Make clear suggestions for the involved parties and the decision makers, to improve the trend and make it converge with the economies in the Region;
- Preparation of the periodical surveys;
- Preparation of the regional factsheet;
- Preparation of the (EUROMED) regional thematic paper.
The length of the mission will stretch over 34 months (March 2019 + 2020+2021) with an expected start in March 2019. The selected expert will be assigned to perform his mission for one year with possibility of renewal of the contract. The renewal of the contract will be the subject of an amendment signed by both parties.
The appointed advisor will be expected to deliver through remote management (home-based).
*It will be expected from the expert to prepare his missions ahead of time, desk research including reviewing relevant documentation (Structural indicators, trends, scenario, surveys, thematic paper etc...) and agreeing on relevant meetings for reviewing state of progress along with the commission meetings and some visits to Hubs/Labs.
- 2 Periodical Surveys
- 1regional factsheet
- 1 regional (EUROMED) thematic paper
- At least a postgraduate degree in energy technologies, Engineering & Technology, Energy Management or any other related area;
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in: practical research and knowledge capture, project management, Energy projects’ Management etc;
- An experience working with international organizations;
- An experience working in the sector of energy technologies, including excellent track record of needs assessment and methodology design;
- An ability to design and elaborate prospective studies and scenarios; ability to elaborate surveys, reports and policy papers;
- An excellent organisational, analytical, project management, research, communication and presentation skills;
- A track record in working with different countries from the EuroMed region is an advantage;
- Excellent level of English and French.
Submission of Proposals and deadlines
Please send your completed application (CV + Cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org before
March 4th, October 31st, 2019, stating “EBSOMED– Education and R&D TC” in the subject heading.